[jaws-uk] PDF

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:52:21 +0100

Hi all,
The dreaded PDF, bane of my life.  Are my experiences worse than everyone else?

When I open a PDF, things work as normal.  I may or may not be able to read the
contents, depending on who produced it.  But when I alt F4 to close Adobe
Reader, Jaws goes silent.  I haven't found any way to bring it back eg hot
keys, navigating by memory to the desk top and activating the icon etc all
fail.  I have to power down with the big button as even alt F4 from the desk
top does nothing.

Anyone else getting such dire consequences from opening PDFs, and if not any
suggestions what might serve me better.

I'm currently on Windows Vista, Jaws 11 (must get around to putting 12 in) and
whatever the last version of Reader was that I was able to load (was prompted
to upgrade recently but the whole process seemed to be inaccessible - subject
for another thread maybe).

Thanks for any help.

Ken