[jaws-uk] Re: PC Problems

  • From: "Tom Reid" <Tom.reid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:15:10 +0100

Hi Barbara,

backing up George.

See below.

gwmhook.dll file information

The process belongs to the software
GWMHOOK.DLL
 by unknown.

Known file sizes on Windows XP are 36864 bytes (66% of all occurrence),
32768
bytes.
A .dll file (Dynamic Link Library) is a special type of Windows program
containing functions that other programs can call. This .dll file can be
injected
to all running processes and can change or manipulate their behavior. The
file is a file without information about the maker of this file. The program
is not visible. The service has no detailed description. Program starts upon
Windows startup (see Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs). It can change the behavior of other
programs or manipulate other programs. gwmhook.dll is not a Windows system
file. gwmhook.dll is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security
rating is 94% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as gwmhook.dll, particularly
if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check
the
gwmhook.dll process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend
Security Task Manager
 for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks
of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.

Score
User Comments
Rate
Has to do with WindowEyes screen reader by GW Micro

Tom

  _____