[jaws-uk] PC Problems

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:19:54 +0100

Thanks to some great advice on this list I think I am well on the way to
sorting the PC problems and hopefully will avoid having to take drastic action.

I have updated JAWS 9 and installed AVG 8 courtesy of Phil's direct link. I
have also downloaded a program called Spyware Detecter and will look into
additional programs suggested by list members.

While yesterday the Spyware software was detecting over 200 risks, today it's
only coming up with 1 or 2 at the most, so that is a welcome improvement.

There are only two problems which keep recurring just when I think I've got all
sorted.

1 When I try to access either two of my computer's hard drives or my memory
pen, I am presented with the Open With dialogue box. I then have to click
Browse and select Windows Explorer before the drive will open. There is no box
to check to always use that program, so the next time I try to access that
drive the same thing happens. Any ideas?

2 Whenever I start up the computer I am presented with an error message and an
Okay Button. The message only appears for seconds, so I don't get much time to
read it completely with the JAWS Cursor. Therefore what I am about to write may
not be exact, but it's the general idea of the message:
"Webproxia.ex could not be opened because gwmook.dll could not be found".
Anyone know what this is and what to do about it?

Sorry for all the questions and I really am greatful to list members. I'd like
to return the favours some day but I hope I never have to!

Barbara Wilson
T: 02887784046
M: 07917710779
E: (home) barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E: (office) info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: (home) www.justgiving.com/cyder
W: (office) www.creativeeyes.co.uk
Skype: (from computer) creativeeyes
Skype: (from phone or mobile) 02892811500
Windows Messenger: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

AM