[jaws-uk] Re: PAGE LENGTH IN MS WORD 2007

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian228@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 13:02:37 -0000

Hi Val,

I had the same problem when I first used Word 2007.  I found that each time I
pressed Enter, Word inserted a paragraph mark with some blank space after it to
create the effect of a blank line.  Visually the blank line would have been
obvious, but JAWS will jump over it.  Using Alt+Delete will announce the
vertical and horizontal position so you can get an idea if this is the problem.

If you want to stop this happening, from the Home Menu, choose Paragraph, or
press the shortcut Alt, h, p, g.

Check the "Spacing After" setting.  I think mine used to be set to 10 points.
Now it is 0 points and I get 45 lines per page.

The dialogue does contain a button to make the new setting the default for
future documents.

HTH.

Ian