[jaws-uk] Re: Outlook versus Groupwise

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:53:18 -0000

Hi Marcia,

The college I attend has Groupwise as its e-mail  package and I am trying to
complete the CLAIT Plus set of certificates.
The JAWS keystroke help does not cover the area of work I am doing.  For
example:

I have to print two pieces of information together on the same page that are
on different screens (you have to tab at least 17 times to move from one
piece of information to the next).  Even sighted students have difficulty in
doing this with the mouse.  I still have to use the calender function so I
am anticipating more problems.

The module was clearly written for Outlook and the problems have arisen
because the college IT help desk have refused to put Outlook on the system,
they prefer to use Groupwise as their e-mail system.

However, pressure to change to Outlook from some tutors may soon pay
dividends.  If not, I will seriously consider
make a claim for discrimination against the college.