[jaws-uk] Re: Outlook Express problem caused by MSoft update KB911567

  • From: "Belinda" <bcpfizz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:42:12 +0100

Yes I forgot, the problem will return if you have automatic updates turned
on, as that update will just be installed again later, so you then need to
turn that update off manually.

Here's what this page http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#14  tells you about
this:
You can uninstall the patch as follows:
  1. Go to Control Panel | Add / Remove Programs.
  2. Make sure the checkbox that says Show Updates is checked.
  3. Page down the list until you see Security Update KB911567.
  4. Click on remove to uninstall the patch.
  5. eml files of unsent messages will then open as unsent, as they did
prior to the installation of the patch.

To prevent this update from being installed again, go to Control Panel |
Automatic Updates and disable the automatic install of the updates and
rather have it prompt you. After it prompts you to install the update again,
make sure you choose Custom install and then uncheck that 911567 update.
Then when prompted select never to ask again about this update.