[jaws-uk] Re: Outlet Express 6 address book.

  • From: "Bryan" <bryannp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:19:38 +1200

If you set up OE to always open at your inbox (do this from Tools, Options and
check Go directly to my inbox..) and set it up with the 3 panes of Contacts,
Mail boxes and Message list (do this by View menu, Layout, check folders list
and Contacts) all you need to do to send a message is tab to your contacts list
arrow up or down to the name you want and press enter to bring up a new mail
message window with the address already in place.
If you also set it up to add a name to the address book of anyone you reply to
(do this from Tools Options Send tab and check Automatically put people I reply
to...), the address will end up in your address book. You don't even have to
send the email. If you do Control + R to reply the address goes to the contact
list at that stage. You can cancel if you don't want to actually send.
I should add that I'm a sighted person helping a newbie blind guy set up his pc
for the internet. We are struggling with Jaws 3, but getting there! I'm more
than happy to help here too.

Regards
Bryan