[jaws-uk] Re: Out of Office replies

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:51:14 +0100

It is because when some people are out of the office they turn on their
auto-reply for their exchange server using the "out of office assistant"
in Outlook.  When a message is sent to the list it is sent to all the
list members but a reply is sent straight back to the list saying the
individual is not at their office, hence the message from someone you
may possibly have heard of.  These can be annoying but I know for
certain I have been guilty of this, you can make eceptions to the
auto-reply.  The problem is that if you are trying to tie up everything
before you leave usually the auto-reply is the last thing you set up and
remember to put in those extra filters usually never gets done.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Support