[jaws-uk] OT: Portable GPS systems

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:41:59 +0100

Hi folks.

Sorry about the off topic, but it's just a quick enquiry.

I've just moved into a new area and need to get a portable GPS system.

I'm happy to get a new phone to accommodate this as my current one's getting
a little long in the bluetooth now anyway.

I've seen several systems but can't work out which is likely to be the best
one.

Is it better to have a stand-alone system like Tracker Breeze, or a software
app like Geo  Speak.

This is mostly for finding stores in the main town area and getting to
specific places, although I'm not aversed to doing a bit of site seeing.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Darren