[jaws-uk] OT: Kindle and Accessibility

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:42:50 +0100

Hi folks.

Apologies for the off topic, but I thought a lot of folks would be
interested to see this.

Amazon's Kindle Ebook reader now has increased accessibility with voice
guided menus and a text to speech engine so that books have a voice output.

I believe that Kindle version 3 has only been available for a couple of
weeks so the info may be new to some.

I'll certainly be looking at this more closely as I would hope that Amazon
will now work on increasing accessibility further.

Cheers
Darren

www.karmistry.com