[jaws-uk] Re: Nokia PC Suite

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian.subs1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:29:58 +0100

Hi Barbara,

The only part of the Nokia PC Suite that I use regularly is Synchronise.

To activate the Synchronise button it is necessary to move the JAWS cursor
to the button and perform a left click.  After that, the wizard for setting
up the synchronisation will work with Jaws as will the process itself.

I've activated the Backup and Restore button with a left mouse click before
and backed up the phone's data to the hard drive.  I can't recall the
process now, but it must have been reasonably accessible at the time as I
completed it without any problems.

There is a button for Installing Applications, but it isn't necessary.
Anytime that you get a piece of software to install onto the phone, just
find the file in Windows Explorer and press enter.  The Nokia software will
start up and a dialogue will be displayed confirming that the software
should be installed.  All you have to do is Press Enter on the OK button and
the software will be transferred to the phone.

Copying files to and from the phone can be done from my computer so, again,
I've not used that part of the Nokia software.

Hope that helps a little.

Regards.

Ian