[jaws-uk] Re: New jaws update using up an sma Update

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:25:31 -0000

Hello Mervyn,

Thank you for the clarification made in the message I am replying to, although in view of the experiences of myself and at least one other list member to date, there are two questions which I feel should be asked of Freedom Scientific.

These are the following:
1. Why when the update is installed on an XP home machine, (in my case an acer laptop), does the desktop icon for Jaws 8.0 disappear completely?

2. If what those users who are contributing to this thread of messages have installed is an update, then why does their SMA count go back to zero and they have to update their authorisation to bring their authorisation in line with the information given on the FS activate site.

In my own case, I had to update my authorisation to bring the information in my about box of my Jaws 8 in line with the information given for my Jaws Serial number on the FS activate sight .

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Alexander Shannon