[jaws-uk] New jaws update using up an sma Update

  • From: "Robin Drodge" <rdrodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:40:18 -0330

Hello to all on the list,  I was wondering if someone could answer this
question for me.  I had taken a look at the new JAWS update along with
the Vista beta and since I don't have Vista on my computer at this point
well really it would not been good for me to download it since there are
still some issues to use it with JAWS.  So then I heard that you could
download it if people did not have vista or did not plan on use it.  So
last night I decided to download it from the check for updates in the
Help Menu under JAWS so I download the JAWS 8.01163 update that showed
up because this was the only update that showed when the search was
complete so I went ahead and install it.  So I thought that I would
check the About JAWS to make sure that I had it installed and I noticed
that one of my Software Maintenance Agreement SMA updates was used to
count against the update that I downloaded.  I checked the information
that was provided for the JAWS 8.01163 update and it did not say
anything about that you would have to use your SMA in order to download
this automatic update so could anyone tell me if this correct and if you
did not need to use the SMA how could I fix this so I could get back the
update that it has been taken from me so I can get it to reflect what I
had in the beginning as my first count.  I hope that everyone can
understand me or could provide some comments or information about this.

Thanks in advance.

Robin Drodge