[jaws-uk] Re: Navigating a site.

  • From: "Mike Flood" <Mike.Flood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:07:41 +0000

>>> carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/06/06 8:19 AM >>>
Hi Angela
The shortest answer to your question is to press the letter n. Doing
this
you jump to a line with I don't remember how many characters but is
usually
one with text. You can press the letter n again to make Jaws jump
another
chunk.
I'm going to paste below the help instructions for quick navegation and
hope you'll not be confused because, since the page is not wide enough
put the two items of a table in the same line, Jaws puts the second item

below the first one. Anyway, you can go to the help pages of Jaws and
type
HTML, if you're in the index tab, and Jaws will produce the instructions
I'm
refering to.
Good luck,

Carlos.

Navigation Quick Keys

Navigation Quick Keys make it faster and easier to move around on a web
page
and anywhere else the Virtual Cursor is active. These commands are all
assigned
to keys on the main part of the keyboard, and are easy to remember and
use.

Tip: You can use the SHIFT key in combination with many of the
keystrokes in
the table below to move to the previous unit or element.

Table with 2 columns and 32 rows

Description

Quick Key

Next Visited Link

Next Unvisited Link

Next Place Marker

Temporary Placemarker

CTRL+K

Next Heading

Next Heading at Level

1 through 6

Next Paragraph

Next Form Control

Next Button

Next Combo Box

Next Edit Box

Next Radio Button

Next Check Box

Next List

Next Item in a List

Next Block Quote

Next Graphic

Next Table

Jump to Cell (Within Table)

CTRL+J (or WINDOWS Key+J in Mozilla Firefox)

Return to Previous Table Cell

CTRL+SHIFT+J (or SHIFT+WINDOWS Key+J in Mozilla Firefox)

Jump to Line

Return to Previous Line

SHIFT+J

Next Non Link Text

Next Frame

Next Object Tag

Next Same Type Element

Next Different Type Element

Next Anchor

Next Division

Step Past Element

SHIFT+PERIOD

Step Before Element

SHIFT+COMMA
table end

Lists of Elements

The following are keystrokes that you can use to display lists of
various
elements
on the current page. To move to an element, select it using the arrow
keys
and
then press ENTER.

Tip: You can also press INSERT+F3 to select the type of HTML element
list
you
want to view.

Table with 2 columns and 17 rows

Element

Keystroke

Form fields

INSERT+F5

Headings

INSERT+F6

Links

INSERT+F7

Frames

INSERT+F9

Anchors

CTRL+INSERT+A

Buttons

CTRL+INSERT+B

Combo boxes

CTRL+INSERT+C

Edit boxes

CTRL+INSERT+E

Lists

CTRL+INSERT+L

Graphics

CTRL+INSERT+G

Paragraphs

CTRL+INSERT+P

Block quotes

CTRL+INSERT+Q

Radio buttons

CTRL+INSERT+R

Tables

CTRL+INSERT+T

Check boxes

CTRL+INSERT+X

Divisions

CTRL+INSERT+Z
table end

HTML Navigation Quick Keys for Say All

Many of the new Navigation Quick Keys are also available while using Say
All
on a web page. The commands to move by heading, paragraph, form control,

table,
list, same or different element, step out of an element, and to move to
non
link text all work when Say All is used.

Quick Keys Settings

Navigation Quick Keys are on by default, but you can turn them off, or
set
them
to work only within Say All. Press INSERT+N to toggle this setting. You
can
also change this setting temporarily in the Adjust JAWS Verbosity
Dialog,
INSERT+V,
or permanently in Configuration Manager, Keyboard Options. For more
information,
refer to:
List of 2 items
. HTML Verbosity Options