[jaws-uk] Mr. Wood! Jaws and excel Using Powerbraille 40

  • From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:21:18 -0400

From: Rachel [mailto:rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 8:48 PM
To: Brian Lingard
Ottawa Canada

This is being forwarded to the Jaws-UK list at the request of
Rachel Graff, whom I forwarded Mr. Wood's enquiry to as she is a
very proficient Jaws and Power Braille 40 user.

Rachel says:

If you go into Line mode with the PB40, you should be able to see
a number of cells displayed across your display.  I'm assuming,
though, that you already know this, since you say that on some
worksheets you've been able to do this.  If you're not famiiar
with Line mode, though, press the Left and Right buttons, which
are the square buttons on either end of the display, together
continuously to cycle through the available modes within JAWS:
Speech History, Text Attribute Indicators, Line, and Structured.

You'll know which is Speech History mode because the display will
say so.  If you play with these different modes, you should be
able to get into Line mode and hopefully see as many cells as can
fit across your display.

If you knew all of this already, and hence, have learned nothing
new from this message, you can subscribe to the PBD-L list, a
list for those using paperless Braille displays; and maybe
someone there can help you.  To subscribe, send a message to
pbd-l-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Then follow the instructions in the e-mail you will receive from
the server on how to send a message to the list.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance to you.
Rachel