[jaws-uk] Mike settings in Skype

  • From: "Marie BAISEZ" <marie.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 20:13:54 +0200

Hi all,
We are getting there... I have copied over the missing file: snd32vol.exe and can now access the volume controls in the control pannel. Have muted volume playback but am not sure which mike to select in the recording volume tab. I have an audigy 2 and there are all sorts in there and 2 tabs mention mike, one is line mike and the other is analogue mike. I use an ordinary headset and plug the headphones at the front next to their volume button and the mike in the jack found next to it. Is this the inline mike or the analogue one? Andrew, if you can find out which of yours is checked, perhaps we might get somewhere. When I call a contact, I can hear them very clearly but they can't hear me. When someone calls me, alt+page up doesn't do anything. Do I have to be on a special part of the screen for the key to have an effect?

I've tried the text chat, found what I think is the edit box, typed something in it and pressed enter. I heard an alert sound probably meaning that the other person had sent text to me but I could not find a screen where I could read that text. Do I have to do something special to be able to read the text that is sent? I thought this prog was simple to use!...
It will be when I know all about it or at least a little bit.
Well, at least I've recovered the missing file without having to use drastic measures.
Somewhat pleased with myself...
Cheers now,

Marie