[jaws-uk] Re: Microsoft Word with Jaws

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:42:42 +0100

Hi Jamie,

No, it's definitely NOT a JAWS issue.

Your experience simply echoes mine, and JAWS has never seen
this 2.4hHz P4.  Indeed only last night I was editing a 300
page table in Word 2003.  I had to delete some columns, and
was measuring the time it took in tins of beer and
cigarettes.

The only way I know to speed things up, is to deactivate
some of Word's clever features, and especially the rulers.
Unfortunately that was not an option for me last night due
to the nature of the document.

Easiest way I have found to locate normal.dot (of which
there may be more than one) is to do a Search and delete
them there.  Word will recreate the file when you next run
it.

George.