[jaws-uk] Microsoft Access

  • From: "marvin hunkin" <marvkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:48:40 +1100

Hi.
can any one help me.
here's my problem.
i have a database in microsoft access.
with one table and one form.
what i want to do is to activate the advanced wizards from the toolbox, but
cannot activate the first page of the wizard.
here are the steps i do to try to get to this, and only goes so far.
1. i open up the form, use the arrow keys, when i use the down arrow keys,
and jaws says the form name for example frmMainMenu
2. a blank form appears.
3. use the alt v key, then arrow down to design view.
4. the form opens up in design view.
5. i use alt v for view, arrow up till i hear toolbox, and press enter.
6. use the alt key, use control tab twice, till i hear the selected controls
checkbox.
7. then use the tab key, and say for example tab to the fith button, which
is combo box from memory.
now, here is my problem, if i hit the space bar nothing happens, or if i hit
enter, just puts a standard control on the form, then have to go to
properties and modify settings, which can be a bit tricky, and a bit of a
pain to do.
so possibly, for employment, and possibly be using Microsoft Access to
create user forms, in vba, which i know how to do, then write the code, but
sighted colleagues, will use the advanced wizards.
what i would like to know, is there any way to scripts, or any way of
activating the say combo box wizard, where you have to drag and drop, then
double click to activate the first page of the wizard.
if i get sighted help, then the first page of the wizard comes up, and then
can do the rest by myself.
have tried using the jaws drag and drop, but did not work.
this is really frustrating, and have flagged this to freedom scientific
support, but no fix for this problem, in the last three versions of jaws.
now, a novice scripter, so wondering, does any one have any solutions for
getting round and fixing this problem permanently?
if you can help me out, let me know asap.
cheers Marvin.