[jaws-uk] Re: Mega weird behaviour of Outlook Express

  • From: "John Savage" <johnnyboy184@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:56:44 +0100

Hello Graham, after faffing around, copying the original message into Word then pasting it back, OE finally deigned to send it. Not without a few crazy stunts along the way though: first I tried ctrl+enter to send it. No joy. I then hit esc, and instead of just saving the message in Drafts, it came up with: "When sending this message you have 2 options". The options were "Send In Unicode" or "Send As Is". I chose "As Is". The message duly went to Sent Items, and also came back to me as one of the group, so it certainly worked.

Two mysteries remain:
A) A Euro sign and a Trademark sign that were in the original message had been replaced by ? and T respectively. Also line feed characters had been randomly inserted into the text. I find this latter often happens when saving stuff then reopening it - decidedly annoying. B) Once I had sent the message, I was left with a blank screen. Hitting ins+T informed me that the window in focus was entitled "O". Alt tabbing through the tasks confirmed this. But when I went to the Task Bar, this ghostly "O" task had disappeared. Don't you just love old Uncle Bill over there in Seattle?
John.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>