[jaws-uk] Re: MSN

  • From: "Graham smith" <graham.smith577@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:52:12 -0000

Thanks John

We will give it a go.

Graham

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Johnathan Richards
Sent: 02 February 2005 18:37
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: MSN

Hi Graham, John here

I've had the same problem myself when in the past I've spoke to the person
on the phone minutes before opening MSN and found that the person on the
phone was talking to someone on MSN and so you know they are on line and yet
still your MSN tells you that they are off line The way I got around this
was I deleted their MSN address from my MSN list and also got the other
person to delete it as well but remember someone has got to have I'va your
address written down if they are going to message you first or if your going
to message them then you need their address remember unless both of you
delete each others addresses from MSN then the following won't work:

When both of you have deleted the contacts of each other then this is just
like you are starting a new fresh.

We're start with you recieving a message from them.
Get them to add your address to their MSN list of contacts and while they
are setting up MSN with that new contact of yours, the wizzard they will be
using will give them the option for them to see you on line or not, but it
doesn't end there once they have completed the wizzard and then they click
next, if your computer is on then your get a message telling you that the
person that you let have your address will pop up and the message will be
something like,

The following contact (your address) has been added to their MSN contacts do
you want to allow them to see when ever you are online? and also just before
you click on yes, tab once and there will be a box that will say add this
address to your list of Contacts in MSN press space bar to tick it and then
just keep tabbing until you come to OK and then hit enter Then you will see
a scan go across and this is checking if they are on line at the current
moment and if they are then the computer will report that they are online

I hope this has helped

Speek to you later from John and guide dog Iris E-mail Address:
johnathanrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx