[jaws-uk] MS Word tables

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:07:52 +0100

Guy

Not sure of any way to lock the dimensions of a table, but I also use tab to
navigate as it is much easier than up and down arrows if a sighted person has
drafted the table with lots of blank lines.  To avoid expanding the table the
only suggestion is to be aware that when you reach the last cell, Jaws
announces a warning that pressing tab again will insert a new row, and you
should arrow out of the table at that point.

As another lister has said, taking out extra rows added accidentally at this
point is not too difficult.

I see it as just one of the areas where we VIPs need to keep alert in order to
work in the sighted environment.

Hope this is of some help.

All the best,

Ken