[jaws-uk] Lotus Notes + PDF's

  • From: "Stephen Seaton" <S.Seaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:50:48 -0000

Hi,

Can any one help me with the following?

At work I use Jaws 5 with Lotus Notes 6.5.  Despite considerable efforts I
have so far been unable to locate many of the normal e-mail hot keys.  I
have worked out that Control M allows you to start a new message but I don't
know if there are particular key strokes for replying to a mail, sending a
mail, forwarding a mail etc.  At present I can only access these controls
through the menus.

My second question relates to PDF files.  My  beloved employer  has decided
to supply me with some very critical data in PDF format rather than Excel,
which always worked fine for me.  I know PDF files are inherently difficult
and I am wondering if there is any way I can convert them back to Excel.

Lastly, Lotus notes spell checker currently tells me that it can't find the
right dictionary when ever I try to use it via the menus.  I was given
instructions by our I.T department but they haven't worked.  I am wondering
if by my use of the menus rather than the inaccessible icon,  I am  causing
this problem.

Any advice you can provide on the above points will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steve