[jaws-uk] Re: License for Jaws.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:13:48 +0100

Hi Sue,

I've just browsed the JAWS Knowledge Base, and found the
following.

George.

Problem:

JAWS may stop functioning correctly after you return from
Standby mode. In some cases, the program displays the
following error message after your computer returns from
Standby mode: "JAWS Error [6]: Feature is not licensed to
run on this machine." After you receive this message, JAWS
begins running in 40 minute mode. If you attempt to restart
JAWS, your system fails or JAWS continues running in 40
minute mode. If you restart your computer, JAWS stops
running in 40 minute mode and functions normally.

Solution:

If you restart your computer, JAWS will be fully activated
again. However, the problem will occur again if the computer
goes on standby. It is recommended that you disable Standby
mode on this computer.

To prevent your computer from going on standby, do the
following:

1. Open the Start menu, select Settings, and then choose
Control Panel.
2. If you are using Windows ME, select Power Options and
press ENTER. If you are using Windows 98, select Power
Management and press ENTER.
3. In the Power Schemes list, select "Always On."
4. Press ENTER.