[jaws-uk] Latest JAWS with Win Mail

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 22:22:45 +0100

Hi List.
I'm having a few problems with WinMail as in Vista, not WinLiveMail as in
Windows 7, just wanted to make that clear before I went on!

Anyway, having recently lost access to Outlook Express, I'm now trying WinMail,
which is to all intents and purposes Outlook Express as many of you will know.
However, I don't particularly like the way JAWS acts in some events and I'm
hoping that there are some experienced WinMail users out there who may be in a
position to help.

Firstly, is there any way to have JAWS announce collapsed messages? I've tried
searching for a graphic to label, but there doesn't even appear to be one of
these available.

Also, in a similar vain, I was hearing when attachments where present, but for
some odd reason this has also just stopped. When I check for the graphic, it is
there and it is labeled, JAWS has just stopped reading it.

Now, I fear this may be down to something I've done whilst looking around
Customize List View after doing an Insert plus F2, but for the life of me I
can't fix it. Attachments still go unannounced.

Finally, for the moment, is there anything I can do to stop JAWS speaking both
the senders name and their email address on opening a new message. Outlook
Express would open and say it was from Joe Blogs, but I'm now hearing Joe Blogs
joe.blogs@xxxxxxxxxxxx for example.

Oh, and finally, finally, on writing a new message I find that JAWS announces
the email address of the person I'm sending to as I tab across into the Subject
field. Can I do anything to stop this behavior as well?

Basically, I'm finding that I get no JAWS feedback on some things, and to much
JAWS feedback on others!

Any helpful advice on best settings for JAWS and WinMail would be very much
appreciated. I would rather just use Windows Live Mail, but I've heard so many
horror stories about just how badly JAWS operates with that particular client
that I thought I'd leave well enough alone just at the minute.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Darran