[jaws-uk] Re: Labelling headings in Excel

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:59:26 -0000

Jamie,

I have found the solution, move to the cell containing the heading,
press Alt+I for insert, N for name, D for define, the heading name will
be highlighted, add something to the end of it to indicate the worksheet
name if needed, then press enter to complete and then press control+S to
save  To quickly navigate to the heading from anywhere in the workbook,
press F5 and tab once to enter the list of headings, and then either
arrow down or press the first letter of the heading, till the correct
one is selected and then press enter.  That should take you straight to
the heading, from wherever you are in the workbook.
Hope that proves useful.

Dave

Dave,

Yes, I see what you mean but I'm afraid that I don't know how you would
do this.

Jamie