[jaws-uk] Re: Keybord question?

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:51:51 +0100

I think it would be undesirable to have the alt-gr key (on its own) as
the JAWS keyboard shortcut, or indeed as any keyboard shortcut.  It's
used in UK and some European keyboard layouts to enable extra or accent
symbols.  (You type the euro with alt-gr4.)  You could make the alt-gr
be simply an alt-ctrl combo by switching to the American keyboard
layout.  In any case, it's handy as is, as - say, if you want to have a
Word shortcut, you might have alt-ctrl-w (alt-gr +w).  Thus, if you want
to use left-hand characters as modifier keys, you will appreciate having
the right alt/ctrl keys available to enable shortcuts, though you could
use alt or ctrl or both shifted as well.