[jaws-uk] Re: Keeping Track of Information Updates

  • From: <johnnyboy184@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:49:38 +0100

Darran, very surprised to hear that JAWS 10 has this trouble.  I'm still on
JAWS 7, and the iPlayer timer ticks over quite happily.  JAWS doesn't announce
this, even when I switch the screen echo to "all text".  But I can read it any
time with the cursor keys.
My usual setting for screen echo is highlighted text, which tells me all I need
to know in most apps.
I realize this doesn't answer your query, but I would be interested to hear if
you find a solution.  Something odd must be happening if things like the
iPlayer timer are stuck unless you refresh the screen.
John. (Savage)