[jaws-uk] Kaspersky says

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:45:36 -0000

Hi list,
A local  company who cleaned off my laptop for me  recommended Kaspersky as
being a good package,  since they put it on both laptop and Desktop for £20
that  is £10 each, now I discovered as I think did Dr Norman Waddington that
it will not speak to Jaws.

The Engineer phoned the company and they said there were no short cuts for
it.

I could have got a refund from local  company but  since the Engineer
agreed to set it to run on automatically a full scan each Friday night I
decided to keep it.

Now I myself have phoned Kaspersky and after being past to  a couple of
departments I found someone interested .  He said the reason for the
problems is "because it uses HTML"  I  do not really understand this.
However I said, there are companies who write scripts for programmes have
they  tried to come up to date and serve the Vip  Community, surely in this
day and age  they  should prove their worth. Chris the technical  man I
spoke to said they are bringing out a new Version later this year, he took
my  phone number and Email address.  I thought I would  Post this on Jaws
list  since some of you may have good suggestions I can pass on.

So long as I am actually a client and using their product I have some
leverage.
So  please  add any  helpful  suggestions  Regards Dorothy