[jaws-uk] Jfw6.2 and screen refresh problems

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:59:25 +0100

Hi all:
Getting very unusual results when using screen refresh (insert escape)
in jfw 6.2.  more often than is desirable jfw tells me I have blank
lines when I know there ti be text or misses out a character or two from
the middle of a word annoying in itself but if I try a screen refresh to
fix the problem jfw often seems to recall a previous document either
from the same or a different application, and not necessarily one which
is open.   For example, while working on a Word doc I hit insert escape
to refresh the screen, jfw wyould have me believe that my text is
interspersed with lines froma document I worked on earlier in the day
but which is not currently open. Today it is at least another Word doc
although sometimes it could be text from a different applications such
as an email or Web page.

Not entirely sure whether this is since installing jfw6.2 or since
updating to office 2003 but either way any suggestions as to how to
correct it would be appreciated.

Adrian Higginbotham
Accessibility and inclusion adviser
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ