[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws-vista and Registary cleaners...

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:15:42 -0000

I suspect you may need some sighted assistance here.  To resolve the
Video problem, you may need to boot up into what is called "Safe Mode"
when you will have no speech.  However, by looking at Control Panel,
System, it should be possible to identify what component of your
system is causing the failure.  With any luck, it may be as simple as
corrupted drivers, which in turn can be reinstalled.  However, as I
say, this is a process for a sighted person.

On the boot up issue, this is probably due to Vista's rather
comprehensive Indexing of your system.  It is supposed to make
searching faster, but personally I have my reservations and so I have
turned off disk drive indexing on my own system.

George.