[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws video intercept problem

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:55:53 -0000

Hi Mark,

Given the symptoms you have described (No Signal), I'm 99% convinced
you have a hardware problem, be it the video card, cable, monitor or
just a bad connection.

As regards the "6to4" matter, someone asked the same question on an
MSDN list, and so I've copied the reply below.

George.

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter is used for communication in mixed environment
including both IPv4 and IPv6. I suspect that the issue may be related
to the compatibility of the network adapter.

There are some suggestions for this issue:

1.    Please confirm the error via Device Manager. If Device Manager
doesn't show the error, please let me know what the diagnostic tools
is and when it showed the prompt.

Start - Run - Type devmgmt.msc -and click OK - in Device Manager,
click View and select Show hidden devices - expend Network Adapters -
check the status of 6TO4 adapter.

2.    Try to update the driver of your network adapter, then check
whether the problem has been fixed.

3.    Please confirm whether any other problem related to this issue
exists, besides receiving that prompt.

4.    If you haven't deployed IPv6 network in your local network, you
may disable 6TO4 adapter in Device Manager to avoid the error prompt.

If I misunderstood anything please just let me know. I am happy to be
of further assistance. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support