[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws saying attachment on E mail

  • From: "ROBIN CLAYDEN" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:54:09 -0000

Hi Alistair,

From memory, and with a few rum and cokes passing down the tubes, after
entertaining Tom "Whitestick" Lorimer and his misses for the day, I think this
is how you can fix this attachment problem

When you launch the AVG control centre, at the top it says something about
checking outgoing e mail scanner, with a graphic, in my case, 985 in front of
it. Route jaws to pc, and get to this graphic and left mouse it to open the
properties of the e mail scanner. It should land you on a plugins tab.

tab to a set of radio buttons, about the third one in, and it may be set by
default, at, use shared configuration settings, radio button, one of two. Arrow
down at this point to personalise configuration, then tab to configure, and hit
enter.

Tab through this dialogue box and you'll come to options about certifying
incoming and outgoing mail. You need to uncheck some boxes in here. One box
will stop the attachments going out with your mail, which are simply declaring
their safety, and another checkbox determines whether your messages will have
that certification displayed in text at the end of your post.

As usual, remember and save your changes on exit. Someone else might even come
in with an easier way to get to the e mail scanner properties, I just can't get
my fuzzy brain to find it for yu.

Cheers, Robin.