[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws not reading correctly

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:17:05 +0100

Hi Steve,

If you don't have it already, it is worth downloading the latest update to Jaws
6 which is 6.2 and installing it.

If you already have the latest update of Jaws, it is possible that the screen
echo option has been set to say nothing rather the usual to speak highlighted
text.

You can test this by pressing JawsKey+v, cursor down to screen echo and press
space until highlighted is selected.  Then tab to close and press enter.

If this does the trick within the window where you changed it, you can make the
change permanent and global, using the configuration manager and changing the
same option in the default settings.  The screen echo setting is in the user
options of the configuration manager.

Remember to save your changes if you go down this route.

HTH,

Phil medway.