[jaws-uk] Jaws in Excel

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-UK" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:26:43 +0100

Hi all,

I've had a rather odd one recently with Jaws in Excel.

I'm using Jaws 6.20 Windows XP Professional and Excel 2000.

I have been sent a spread sheet which is fairly regularly laid out with columns and rows with no merged cells. I am trying to get Jaws to read Row 5 where the headings are. In the past this has been a really easy process and everything works well.

This time, when I've been through all the settings and marked Row 5 to be the row for the column headings, I tab to the "Close" button and try the Jaws speech. The result is as if I've never set the settings at all!!

This is definitely not an issue of not understanding the basic concept as I've done this process for hundreds of other spread sheets. It certainly seems to be related to the time since upgrading to Jaws 6.20 (or possibly Jaws 6.0 initially) but it worked fine in Jaws 5 and before.

Does anyone know if there is something that might be wrong with the Excel file that might cause Jaws to ignore my settings and revert to the original settings?

Yours rather puzzled,

Jamie