[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws has a quiet voice!

  • From: "Colin Baxter" <C.R.Baxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:31:32 -0000

Hi all,
First, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hates the British
English.  I can just about tolerate the word 'graph' with a long A, but an R
in the word 'graphic' is a step too far.

I want to pursue a related matter - hence the change of subject line.  How
do I change my Jaws volume?  If I have my speaker volume set to accommodate
Jaws, I find that when my PC initially boots up and takes me through the
log-in procedures, the volume wakes the whole household.  The volume remains
high until I've logged in and actually entered on something on the Desktop
or in the Start Menu.  I remember one of my techie friends spending ages
getting these differing volumes equalised but, following various updates,
I'm back to square 1.  Following the Jaws command to go to the System Volume
Control doesn't seem to offer a solution because this would presumably just
increase the volume of everything.  How do I get out of the mire?   We're
talking about Jaws 7 and XP Home.

Cheers

Colin