[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws eleven and Windows seven

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:21:32 +0100

That is what I meant, but the words did not come out that way. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 28/03/2010 18:18, Doris and Chris wrote:
hi,

No, if you upgrade your jaws, your license is still good for previous
operating systems. jaws 11 will work on windows xp; it only will not
work on widnows xp 64bit, but if you don't have that operating system
now, you won't need to worry about it as your new machine will come with
windows 7 probably.

Your license of jaws only determines whether you can run the home or the
professional versions of widnows, either one covers both 32bit and 64bit
versions of the operating system, i.e. you can use widnows home in
either 32bit or 64 bit and if you have the professional license for
jaws, it will work with all supported operating systems in either 32bit
or 64bit.

hth

Doris

At 06:09 PM 3/28/2010 +0100, you wrote:
Hello folks,
I am a bit behind the times using Windows XP and Jaws 8.0, I was about
to update to Jaws 11 but I understand that it can either be for 64 bit
or 32 bit. Later in the year, I intend to buy a new computer with
Windows seven, so, I want the choice of having 64 bit, however, if I
update to Jaws eleven for 64 bit, it will not cover Windows XP, or so
I understand.
My other concern is that I want to use my old programs, [office 2003,
Soundforge 5 etc, with Windows seven and Jaws, the XP mode in Windows
seven only covers this in proffessional and ultimate versions, or does
it? the Microsoft site has two differing statements on the subject.
Anyone have any comments as to which Jaws version, e g bit rate and
pro or normal?
Thanks for any advice.
Best Regards, Jim.

03/28/10 02:32:00