[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws eleven and Windows seven

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:20:51 +0100

Hi,
That's correct. If you upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit and you use JAWS 11 64 bit, this will not be compatible with XP, as JAWS support is only for the 32 bit operating system, XP that is. Now for your old programs. Office 2003 will still work natively in Windows 7, but I doubt Sound Forge 5 will, however I did briefly notice Sound Forge 6 works in Windows 7, but I suspect that's the absolute earliest version you can use. For XP mode you must have 7 Professional or higher.
Hope this helps.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter: www.twitter.com/christopherh40

On 28/03/2010 18:09, The Gamages wrote:
Hello folks,
I am a bit behind the times using Windows XP and Jaws 8.0, I was about to
update to Jaws 11 but I understand that it can either be for 64 bit or 32
bit. Later in the year, I intend to buy a new computer with Windows seven,
so, I want the choice of having 64 bit, however, if I update to Jaws eleven
for 64 bit, it will not cover Windows XP, or so I understand.
My other concern is that I want to use my old programs, [office 2003,
Soundforge 5 etc,  with Windows seven and Jaws, the XP mode in Windows seven
only covers this in proffessional and ultimate versions, or does it? the
Microsoft site has two differing statements on the subject.
Anyone have any comments as to which Jaws version, e g bit rate and pro or
normal?
Thanks for any advice.
Best Regards, Jim.