[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws authorization!

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:28:18 +0100

Actually it is approximately 20% more expensive to buy the
Professional, as opposed to the Standard.

An upgrade however is £270, which is equivalent to 40% of
the Standard price of £655.

At one time, I did feel the difference was rather excessive,
but after 4 or 5 years of providing technical support, I can
assure you that the level of knowledge and expertise
required to support Windows XP Professional more than
justifies it.

The bottom line is that if you do not require Fort Knox type
security, stick with XP Home.

The exception to this are unfortunately students who wish to
access school, university and college networks.  The vast
majority of admins will not allow the use of XP Home in such
cases.

George.

TIDDYogg
> Sent: 03 September 2005 14:02
> To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Jaws authorization!
>
> ...and Jaws pro (a total rip-off) costs about twice that
of
> the standard version.

with XP pro.

> > Barry H

be better!

[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> > ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> > ** or send a message, to