[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws authorization!

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:10:35 +0100

Hazel,

        If your rehab worker organised the purchase of Jaws, were they aware
of the type of XP that you had on your computer?

        If this is the case then the first thing to do is to explain the
problem to your rehab worker.

        If you've upgraded Windows since Jaws was ordered, then it will
unfortunately be up to you to either pay for the Jaws upgrade or for the
Home version of Windows XP.

        Flor and George have posted the Jaws prices, so to give you an idea
of how much XP Home will cost, you can buy it from Amazon for about £180.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00061H588/202-5247283-8245459

        This version includes Service Pack 2, which may bump up the price
slightly, but will save you the trouble of having to download quite a large
sized quantity of security updates and general improvement patches for the
operating system.

        It's also worth looking around, you may find XP Home cheaper
somewhere other than Amazon.

Tink.