[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws and the TaskBar

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:53:45 -0000

Keith,

My understanding (and it is entirely possible that I am wrong) is that the
strip along the bottom of the screen is actually made up of a number of
different parts, the Task Bar being only one of these.

Normally you have:

Start Button
Tool Bar - (sometimes seems not to be announced by Jaws when tabbing)
Task Bar
System Tray

Things like the router and clock are likely to be on the System Tray at the
bottom right corner of the screen.  The Task Bar normally has icons for the
programmes that you have open at the time e.g. Microsoft /Word etc.

To get to the System Tray you can also use the Insert+F11 keystroke if you
need to check the items here.

Hope this helps.

Jamie