[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws and duo corl tehnology

  • From: "Marino Kacic" <marino.kacic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:08:50 +0100

Dear Tristram,

Thank you for your vast answer. I certainly feel that it would be good for Jaws to use the other processor core so the first one would be free for other operations. Jaws for example currently uses 15-30% od processor time on my computer, which has some impact when I work with more programs simultaneously.

In relation to what you wrote I am puzzled as to why they sell the dual core technology at all? In any case I cannot even buy a new pc which doesn't already have this processor. Moreover, does this mean that the old pc with 2.6 GHz with one core is faster than the new dual core at 2.2 GHZ? Seems logical , since it only uses one core and has a slower clock? Am I thinking right?

Many thanks for your answer.

Marino

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>