[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws and built-in graphics cards

  • From: "susan mcdonald" <susan_mcdonald52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:52:30 +0100

Thanks Brian, I think I will go back and look at an acer desk top before making up my mind and at least I have a choice now. Sue

From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Jaws and built-in graphics cards
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:17:58 -0400

Ottawa Canada

Dear Susan:

I'm running an Acer  736TL laptop with on-board graphics and Jaws
8.0.  It works fine.

In speaking with Freedom Scientific in the USA, their tech
support recently told me that Jaws works with most graphics cards
now, including built-in ones, unlike in the past when it was very
particular as to what graphics cards it would work with.

They re-engineered Jaws to make it less picky about the graphics
card on the computer.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard