[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws IE idea

  • From: "Nigel" <stoppard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:44:01 +0100

Tris,
Thanks very much for your detailed feed back. Thanks to tink too. It's useful to know what others think.

a book I have been reading recently suggests modes are a bad thing as it puts a burden on the user to remember which mode the system is in.

My idea has one fatal floor that I only realised after I had posted. Some of the quick nav keys are already in use when used with the Jaws key, like the Jaws key and T for the title of the current window. This is quite tricky, you think of a possible way to alter things in the hope of making it easier but you cause other problems that are just as bad as the one you have eradicated.

For exsample.
The only other way i can think of would be to have it so when you get to a form any text typed is automaticly entered into it and to use the quick nav keys you have to move out of the form field with an up / down arrow say.

What do you think?
Thanks,
Nigel
It's not what Operating system you use, it's how productive you are with it.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>