[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws 9 and AVG 8

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:07:26 +0200

http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/inst/avg_free_stf_all_8_100a1295.exe

The above is the direct download link. However, as has been suggested here, I would strongly advise against installing this version at this time as there are major accessibility issues being reported with various screeneaders including crashes of avg when jaws is loaded.

Avg 7.5 is still functional and being updated until further notice.

Unless the accessibility issues are resolved, if you feel you need to change from avg 7.5 free edition at this point, I wold recommend the free versions of either Avast Home Edition orAntivir Personal.

Again, though, AVG Free Edition 7.5 should be fine for the time being.

Cheers,

Doris

At 03:37 PM 4/28/2008 +0100, you wrote:

Rashmi,

With respect, I'd rather we all waited to see what AVG tech support had
to say. If you still havve version 7.5 it's still fully functional and
able to continue it's own update processes.

I don't even think I could give you a step by step guide as I got there
through trial and error myself.

R.