[jaws-uk] Jaws 8 and office 2003 Barry Hill.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:44:18 -0000

thanks for updating us, I did wonder, I had my laptop cleaned off completely for several reasons. Ok Freeserve being imbedded was annoying me since I hated the ISp greatly. but after a visitor had tried to rid it from the Registry ,things went wrong.

Example was Jaws in spite of being removed and reloaded from scratch, and all patches downloaded. I have Jaws 9 standard. Jaws wouldn't read properly, for instance if I did a forward or a reply I would not hear edit and in order to get into edit had to overtype Jaws. Another thing was Jaws could not cope with PDF, I did not have a problem before. The Adobe would load and say the usual things like Document is preparing, but not be able to read it, a sighted visitor said the print is all there, and it was but Jaws couldn't read it Since I have Kurzweil version 11 I was surprised on laptop to hear without any warning Daniel suddenly in Kurzweil itself start reading the PDF, it was the first time Daniel had been of any use, since he charges along at 22hertz and normally will not be paused. and there he was to the rescue. So although it cost a bit I paid to have it all back to factory settings. I imagine you are going to do the same thing then

Good luck hope you have a good engineer better to make sure first I think they are supposed to have some letters after their name, but not sure quite which. you know shows they are certified,, not put that well but you know what I mean. Happy New year Dorothy.