[jaws-uk] Jaws 6 authorization problem

  • From: "Roger Fordham" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:50:11 -0000

Hi,

I bought a desktop computer about a year ago, and the shop that set it up for me got the wrong name in the user section, and called me Richard. A fine name, but, not mine. I didn't think it mattered all that much, and it hasn't so far, except now when I want to proceed with Jaws 6 authorization. When I try, jaws somehow prevents the computer accessing the internet [I'm using a router], and so I cannot proceed down that route. If I use an earlier version of Jaws such as Jaws 5, everything behaves as it should. It must be something to do with what Jaws expects my username to be in the user account registry. Although the name is wrong, I don't want to change it, as it will doubtless have implications for all the other programs set up on the computer.

How can I resolve this difficulty?

Cheers

Roger [and not Richard]!

Roger@xxxxxxxxxxx