[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws 4.0 with XP?

  • From: "Nick Ray" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:37:08 -0000

Hi to all,
I am about to finally upgrade my wife's PC to Windows XP Pro from Me. I plan to
do a clean install which will mean reformatting my hard drive, and physically
adding a newer drive which will become my master drive. The computer currently
has JFW v4.0 installed, by me, a long time ago. I remember something about
installing license keys at the time - do I need to somehow remove the current
key before reinstalling on a new hard drive? I plan to install v4.02 as
recommended by Phil and others below. Can anyone walk me through the process? I
am sighted so won't need any version of Jaws to be running at install time, but
my wife would like a working version as soon thereafter as possible!

Thanks alot, Nick