[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws 4.0 with XP?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:38:27 +0100

Hi,

You will need:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_downloads/morejaws.asp

From that page, there is an update link to JFW 4.02, which is the
version that you should be running on an XP system.  There were
stability problems with JFW 4.x and XP, hence why they put out these
versions, however, these seemed to go away in later releases.  If you
don't upgrade, you can't skip versions, so you are paying them in the
end.  Also, there is a newer version 7 coming out soon, so you could use
JFW 4.02 now, then upgrade to 7 later, especially if you have issues (I
am not sure whether there will be SP-2 specific issues for example with
4.02).

This version is a full download which you install as new - don't use the
4.0 CD.

Andrew.