[jaws-uk] Jaws 2.0 or slimware window bridge

  • From: "Ryan Hutchings" <RyanHornibrook@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:28:01 -0000

Hi all,

I asked a while back on this list if anyone knew how I could get jaws for
windows 2.0 to work.

I have an old dos-based pc that i want to put windows 3.1 on.

On the jaws 4.02 cd, they include jaws for windows 2.0, the last version of
jaws for windows to work with windows 3.1.

However, they forgot to include anyway of authorizing jaws for windows 2.0,
even though it was meant to be a free download as it was no longer
supported.

I asked if anyone had an authorization disk that I could use to authorize
jaws for windows 2.0 since fs did not include this authorization key even
though they included the "disk5" folder in the jfw20 subdirectory, which is
meant to be the jaws for windows 2.0 auth disk, but it does not work.

I had no response, but someone reckommended slimware window bridge.

I used to be a registered user of slimware window bridge,

But I used all my keys long ago and no further support seems to be going on
for slimware window brige.

Even the recent www.windowbridge.ws <http://www.windowbridge.ws/>  website
has disappeared.

So, does anyone on list have an auth key for jaws for windows 2.0 or if not
a auth disk image /master disk for slimware window bridge 2.56 or 2.x?

Thanks

Ryan Hutchings