[jaws-uk] Jaws 14 regularly dying.

  • From: "Michael Brown" <michael.brown222@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:41:32 -0000

Hi all,

Some help please?  I installed Jaws 14 a couple of days ago, and since this
new version which is selected as the version I'm now currently using, I have
experienced regular instances of Jaws 14 just dying on me when in different
applications.  I do Alt F4 to get back to the desktop without obviously the
assistance of speech, and try to shut down the laptop in the normal way, but
nothing appears to happen? So I have to hold the power button down until I
hear it shutting down.

I then re-boot and I press my chosen assigned keystroke to switch Jaws 14
back on again, and it then comes on.  Jaws 14 dyed on me three times
yesterday, and I had to go through this procedure as just described each
time?

Has anyone experienced this with Jaws 14 yet? And if so, what is happening?
And what can I do about it?

I had no problem with this, with Jaws 13?  I am using an Acer 64 bit laptop
with standard Windows O S, and Jaws Home edition, (standard version).

Any help much appreciated, already getting fed up with Jaws 14 because of
it?

Cheers,

Michael Brown.